+2
Completed

UPDATES - version 2.7.5

Zieu 3 years ago in News & Announcements • updated by Karen Bierman 3 years ago 50
Hello Islanders,

There have been issues few players are experiencing over the past couple of weeks in game related to Team Challenge. Our developers have diligently looked into them and fixed most of the issues mentioned below. Your feedback on these issues in topics were crucial in our investigation to resolve. 

1) INVITE FEATURE

>> At times, if you select a specific neighbor to invite, another neighbor would get selected

Issue is fixed and available in our upcoming version release 2.7.5

>> random player joining your team in Team Challenge

Our developers are currently looking into this issue (will update once we have to fix to this)

2) TEAM CHAT

>> few players were unable to see the text in team chat

Issue is fixed and available in our upcoming version release 2.7.5 

However, this issue persists intermittently in Nexus 5 OS version 4.4.4 

3) BOOST REWARD

>> Boost reward not received while returning to island from Atlantis

Issue is fixed and available in our upcoming version release 2.7.5

>> User's experiencing crash while returning to island from Atlantis

Our developers are currently looking into this issue (will update once we have to fix to this)

Thank you,
Maximus

Answer

Answer
Started
Hi All,

I appreciate your concern and feedback provided all the way and thus ensuring your words were listened in resolving any issues in game. Our developers are definitely working on to ensure the game is error free eventually.

Going forward, this Forums will be used as a channel for communicating current issues and status. Hope you'd continue to provide your valuable feedback and being patient until we fix all issues.
+17
Thank you for the detailed post breaking down the issues that Kiwi Support is aware of and addressing in the game.

I would like to say that we have heard the "Issue is fixed" before, as new features seem to be tested on paying customers and not properly debugged before going live.  That has to stop, Kiwi.  You created weeks of frustration and stress for the players in your highest grossing game.  Stop, rethink things, and test before unleashing these changes in the game on the rest of us. 
+7
Great..guess it doesn't matter what you fix if players still can't play your game. At least get the crash issue fixed before you put out the team challenge invites because we will probably be replaced on our regular teams if you don't fix the random player problem. I agree Curious.don't put a challenge out until ALL are fixed. I haven't been able to play for 5 days, still no brightwood or monsterama planet either! 
+6
Sounds like they are testing on some devices, as they stated that one of the issues is intermittent on Nexus 5 OS version 4.4.4.  I'm sure some issues may persist for some players as they cannot test every device out there. But it looks like they are trying. Thumbs up, Kiwi!
+6
I agree curious, but I to would also like to thank kiwi for detailing the fixes.  This is what we have been asking for forever.  To much frustration, so thank you kiwi for finally detailing and explaining the fixes, and on a side note, on the bandwagon with curious, I would rather not have a team challenge without everything being fix than have a team challenge where more problems are created.  Question, is there going to be someone working the weekend to fix any problems that may occur?  Our are you going to implement the fixes and leave for the weekend so we can get our normal automated response of sorry your screwed until Monday?  I really do appreciate the detail in information about the status though.
+5
I also, agree with all the comments posted here by Karen, Barbandal, Tigger4u, and Curious. In my opinion, you are all right on, in your assessments. And I would like to thank all four of you, and the immense number of players out there, who have struggled through problem after problem, and frustration after frustration, and not just quit playing,  only then, to enter the forums and try to help make shipwrecked (s.w.)a better platform. Because, I have to admit it, I have once, or twice, thought of just uninstalling s.w., and not ever playing again. But I usually enjoy playing s.w., and since team challenges(t.c.) have started, I've met some really awesome people. And I have to admit, I've also met some awesome people in the forums. Moreover, just like Karen I wish to thank kiwi for their efforts to remedy the problems in s.w., and also would prefer not to play t.c. until fixed, but since we are in the middle of a season, I would have to play, if Kiwi were to have another t.c.. before they completely fixed the problems, because I won't hurt my normal team, if I can help it.(and this statement isn't meant for KB, Cur., Bar.,Tig. or any other player out there, I tend to think most of you feel close to the way I do, if not exactly the same as me, on this one). I Again would like to thank you all, and lets keep at it.
Answer
Started
Hi All,

I appreciate your concern and feedback provided all the way and thus ensuring your words were listened in resolving any issues in game. Our developers are definitely working on to ensure the game is error free eventually.

Going forward, this Forums will be used as a channel for communicating current issues and status. Hope you'd continue to provide your valuable feedback and being patient until we fix all issues.
+4
Isn't this the same auto-response posted above??? With the same exact misspellings???
+2
Yes the exact same auto reply. Where are the humans?
+5
Yes, way to go for a response that had useless information! Try using that time to fix something. Here I am, 6 days later and you can't even get your LONG-TERM players back into your game, level 84 and wasted hours and hours of getting there! Constantly emailing you and sending information you need is EXHAUSTING and I'm not even sure it's worth it anymore. All I wanted was to play your games..had I known what I know now, I never would have started the games you have. And just so you know why I feel that way, you probably recognize my name by now, I'm froze out of shipwrecked, brightwood and monsterama reset themselves to level 1 on Oct 18 that you won't fix and I paid for resources you stole from me because I can't even play..I think that about sums it up! Oh wait..and you screwed me out of my team, that I've been with SINCE THE BEGINNING, on last week's challenge and it looks like this week will be the same. UGGGGGG..(to be nice about it)
+2
Hopefully getting the update will get you back in the game. I was locked out of the game for a time as well, but not as long as you have been. Good luck. 
+3
Thanks.. It's very frustrating!
+2
Has the update been released?  I have no update or is it that because I had different issues the fixes did not apply or make a difference to my game.
+6
If there was an update, it didn't fix my game. I'm still locked out, and have been since Monday. Kiwi just keeps telling me to be patient while they look into it every time I email them.
+1
I've gotten that same response every time as well.  So frustrating!!  
Hey All,

The version 2.7.5 will be out soon. I'd like to inform that the new version update will definitely be available to everyone as it's in the final stages.
+1
Hi admin  rts i must be going soft in my old age as have given you a thumbs up for trying i don't usually do this till i see the results and to be honest it's not looking good so far the team i play on have still not got the right score witch admin was informed of monday maybe not to you personally rts but one of the admin team and we have email once a day since and i have put up a post on the subject and one other team in top ten had same problem now i may be a bit thick but to my reckoning as the top ten going on the fact that most teams have 4 members and yes allowing for TM that have moved on or for other reasons have not stayed with the team that still makes it so probably only 3 teams hit top ten and usually this is the case us in the top ten are well used to the game i might say very experienced so we would notice some lower level players may not so what i am trying to say is if in the top ten Teams kiwi can only get one in three right then whats happening with the lower levels scores as some player's have complained but only a few but am sure that's because of lack of understanding not because kiwi getting it right also the team chat as stopped again the rest we will find out later 
Hello All,

There have been few technical difficulties and the version release 2.7.5 will be available to all user's only by early next week.

For this weekend's Team Challenge, please follow the below steps.

1) When you are in the invite screen, wait for all your neighbor's images to load in your device
2) Once this is done, select a neighbor yo wish to invite - if it does not select or other neighbor gets checked, go back and try again

Sorry for the delay in releasing new updates.
+9
So what good is your update then? All it will do is cause more issues!!!! And for me and all the others who can't play at all..what good does this update do? This is the 2nd week I now cannot play with my REGULAR team, or at all. It's very hard to even find a team where all the players contribute evenly, we weren't top 10 but we worked our asses off to stay top 100. So not only have you messed my team up, you messed it up for my other 3 teammates. What are you doing to make that right? All you are doing is making more pissed off players. I have been playing these challenges since the beginning and have been with the same tm since the beginning..you are responsible for people losing their tm and you need to be held responsible for it! You're just making more issues. I may not be a genius but every time you have an update, or are attempting it, you always say there's technical difficulties, so maybe you will NEVER get all these issues fixed. If my game ever does come back on, I'm not even sure I will keep playing. it's just one issue after another, and exhausting, constantly emailing. Now you want to start challenges in Westbound??? You can't even get this one right, why would you even think you can get that right? Wow..just not good business practices going on here!
+7
I agree...when I saw the team challenge icon in westbound, my first thought was "no way, now they are going to screw up THIS game!?!?"  Please get this working before attempting to do  tc in other games.
+1
I know right.  I haven't played westbound since Friday because I was afraid when I saw the team challenge icon there as well.  Sad part is I have only had one problem with westbound and it was fixed immediately.  Have never had a problem on that game, so I'm afraid.
+1
Sad to think I finally found out how to locate players with whom to team up in the challenges, and now I'm locked out of the game completely.   Did anyone else experience jungle and fog creeping over the island and burying items?  Seemed like (most of) the buildings were moved to safety, at least, but all other items were  being swallowed up in the fog... hate to imagine what's been buried the last two days I haven't been able to get on!
I'm extremely sorry but the version 2.7.5 will be available to all early next week. This has all fixes related to invite feature. About the chat issue,  please try using swipe and select Android keyboard via settings - input.  
+8
The team challenge should have been postponed until the fixes were complete! I sent invites to my team and one of them did not receive the invite and now we have once again a random player on our team. Sooooo angry!!!! Apparently my teammates cannot see my chat messages and I can't see theirs. Why are you doing this?? Again why would you not postpone the team challenge if you already knew there would be issues? I just don't get it!!!!!
+1
Hi Green,

There is no issue with invite sent and not reached to the members. The issue with random player joining a team has been fixed in version 2.7.5. 
About chat issues, please use swipe and change the keyboard to Android via device settings.  
+3
I changed the keyboard and it still didn't work! I still think the challenge should have been postponed if you knew the fix was not going to be installed in time to fix the random player problems and one of my team mates did not receive the invite. So I don't know!
The new version has fixes related to invite feature. However, there are chat issues which are being looked into by our developers and will update once it's fixed. 
+3
Well since we didn't have the new version it didn't help with the current team challenge. We are left with a sleeper to carry instead of one of our regular hard working team mates! Should have postponed the challenge until the fix was released. That's all I'm saying!
+1
I do not know about the invites as with us all went smoothly but the rest of this new invite is rubbish 
Hi Magnat,

Could you please explain me in detail the issue you are still experiencing with invite feature? 
+1
Sorry my mistake that was ment to be the rest of the update is rubbish invites went well .it was every thing else that went badly so any player's still on old screen if i where you i would put off update till kiwi do a proper fix chat was unusable when ,you try to use the lettering back ground would go black and delete feature would not work and leaving out letter's or adding them and one players chat would come up just to disappear again so to read back it looked as if TM are talking to themselves plus at one point i thought we had the keyboard that actually does a spell check only to find letters not going in to chat if that was not happening then it would just kick you off the game .Next the game was hard  to load and when you finally got on the screen would stick in one place a lot of the time only to kick you off on to goggle if that was not enough some time trying to get from one place to another was like moon walking and now to top it off cannot load the game at all so thanks for new update I DON'T THINK 
I am having the same problem with the game being hard to load and the lag is terrible. If  you try to scroll to a different part of the island you have to wait for it to catch up or if you click to harvest the treasure chests once you click on some you have to wait for the game to catch up before you can continue
The lag seems to be doing better now that the team challenge is over. 
+2
Continued forgot to add the tool bar as also been replaced by dots and this is now nearly 13 hours from end of  TC admin telling me chat working fine well admin i wish you would tell my tablet it's working fine as it doesn't seem to have got the message just been kicked off  again when trying to chat will get back to you about the rest as for now not staying on game long enough to find out if working due to being kicked off 
Completed
Hi All,

The new version 2.7.5 is now available to all user's. Please update the game to it's latest version in Playstore.
+1
Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm not seeing it yet on my devices here in Indonesia, but I'll keep checking.
+2
So i have the update and I have the energy icon and again, 
What is the energy icon for?
Please explain the energy icon in DETAIL.
+1
Did you release a kindle update too? Because the latest version is 2.6.8 according to the website and my app data. And my game still doesn't load.
+6
Ok that is great RTS- but you still have NOT answered the question of what the energy icon is for or what it's purpose is.  PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION.
+4
Well obviously you have to buy it and I think they know that it won't go over well. They don't wanna make us all mad before they are ready to start charging us! LOL
Is anyone having a problem downloading the update. I hit install and it says it's updating but it ran all but did not update.I have now set my phone to auto update any suggestions
Madusas, it took me over 5 tries to get updated. In my case, it's a storage and RAM problem. Clear caches and try restarting your device before updating. 
I tried to download the game over again,and I'm sure I updated the game when it first became available.  It is still crashing and going back to the start page, and I can't seem to  make it work. Since I am one of the most patient people you will ever meet, I will be happy to work with you and get back in this game.  I did put money and a lot of time into it.  But I am 73 years old and am not fully computer literate so if there is something you can do instead of explaining how I can do it, it might be better.  It's just a suggestion because of my limited computer experience. Thank you so much for your help
.          Judy
Hi jd try clean master  you will get it on app store it will let you now know what's  going wrong  and help with trying  to fix it hope this  helps 
Just be careful, I have a Kindle Fire HD, only have 1 gb RAM, I used clean master and it got way worse. Couldn't stay in Shipwrecked for more than a few minutes at best.  I removed clean master and it improved, but still worse than it was before installing clean master.  Will probably have to reinstall shipwrecked, but want to do it early in the week to give them time to fix any problems.
Hi lh maybe like me when  i did get it I was  at the point  of no return so adding it then just added  more  ram 🐏 to an overloaded ram 🐏 once I did the transfer  was brilliant you can buy  a dongle with extra ram 🐏 
It would be nice if your going to do an update at the end of a challenge to let us know
+2
I got update 2.8.2 just before this weeks challenge. But never saw the north pole lol
+1
I got the update during the team challenge and still I don't see a north pole.  I am kind of over the north pole now since the holidays are over.  Just one more thing to add to the list.  I hope you had a safe and happy new year Marr.